View Single Post
01-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Knowledgeable & Pure
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
1. Forget the fact that the Marlins have been completely unwilling to put Stanton on the market and are currently trying to lock him up long term.

2. You are delusional if you think the Yankees have the pieces to acquire Stanton from the Marlins, let alone both Stanton and Eovaldi. Loria's an awful owner but that doesn't mean he's going to do the Yankees a massive favor for ***** and giggles.
1. Please, that's like dismissing that Loria would not pull off another fire sale.

2. How am I delusional, when Loria has a proven track record of fire sales? It's expected of him, actually. He should even consider himself lucky he's getting veteran and playoff experience, should he agree to receive A-Rod. Besides, what's more delusional than you claim about me is the Yankees' denial of needing youth; both Stanton and Eovaldi are much-needed injections of youth that complement the vets in the Yankees.

Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Yes, let's run our team based on that logic...
In both 2012 and 2013 seasons, Pineda was injured or doing rehab on his arm to the point I dismissed him as a project. When the Yankees made it to the playoffs in 2012, was Pineda there? No, he got injured.

If anything, he's valuable trade bait at when healthy at best, a project at worst.

Last edited by ADifferentTim: 01-24-2014 at 04:22 AM.