View Single Post
Old
01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
This team needs a legitimate first pairing defender more than anything. They need a defenseman that will set the tone for the rest of the group. It's very similar to when the Flyers dealt Mark Recchi to the Canadiens for Eric Desjardins. Desjardins came in and immediately, the defensive group improved immensely. That's what's needed here. If it means parting with a guy like Voracek to get it, then I think it needs to be done. I don't think anything is going to get done during the regular season, but whether it be Holmgren or another GM in the off season, I expect the defense to look drastically different next year.
The problem with trading Voracek is that we then only have 1 first line player, and it's going to take much more than Jake to bring back a number one Dman.

I honestly think the best course of action is to try to get as much depth as possible on D. It's not as good as getting a Weber, but if you can roll 3 "2nd Pairings" it would be a great improvement. They need to add speed and puck skills, and a little offense on the back end.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote