Thread: Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII
View Single Post
01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
vCash: 500
So SJ fans are getting ******** at any inkling of mentioning that ONE of their current centers isn't going to be there next year. They keep giving ridiculous arguments as to how they'll be able to keep them all. Does anyone actually see this as a possibility? Even if they financially could swing it, why would they run a C group of Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture/Hertl instead of trading one to address other weaknesses? I know Marleau is on the wing but the general consensus on their board is that he's a much better center.

Does anyone REALLY see SJ resigning both Thornton and Marleau and if not would you guys be interested in the following:

buy out Richards and sign one of Thornton/Marleau?

IF those two are resigned, my main target would be Stastny or Grabovski. I could see a Stepan/Grabovski combo working out; Grabovski is more offensively gifted whereas Stepan is better defensively. Gives us one line that can really play off the rush and pin teams in their zone and another line that can score but is some semblance of responsible defensively.

or some combo. Obviously this assumes Callahan, Zucc, Brassard and Pouliot are resigned. Mix and match with Stastny too; I just don't see any other option. We need another top 6 center, and as of right now there are 4 that will be hitting UFA