View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Does anyone agree with this simple statement, regardless of how you feel about MacT?

Craig MacTavish favours certain players that play a similar style as he did as a player.
It sure looks like it. The thing is, I'm definately no expert but I do know and see that some players are playing right now and I question why others don't. I mean, I know it has alot to do with roster decisions and who has a one way contract and who can and can't clear waivers. But the last time I saw Rita play in Edm, I think it was against Detroit last year. And what I faintly remember, he did not look out of place. I think he even scored in that game.

On the subject that this is his last chance, if that's the case, I will lose alot of respect in the ENTIRE Oiler organization for the simple reason that they've invested time and money and a AHL roster sport for this player and I think he was never given a legit chance at the NHL level. Some say he doesn't deserve it because of his inconsistent play in TO and HAM, but I don't buy it. Maybe a 20 game stint in the NHL is what he needs.

A case can also be made for Salmaleinen. He dynamic, energetic, fast and plays Oiler hockey. So what is the problem.

Anyways, I assume we'll see Rita Saturday night. I hope he does well and doesn't let the pressure of "it's his last chance" get to him.