Old
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
1) I don't believe that for a second. Sather is one of most proud (arogant) people in the game. He left Edmonton because of meddling ownership. Are we really supposed to believe that the architect of one of the greatest dynasties in hockey history is taking orders from Jim Dolan on how to run a team?

2) I don't know that he's not the answer. It's my opinion. But the fact that he can't steal the starting job from Esche is not a good sign. It just seems that the Flyers are in the same rut of having a guy who is "good enough" in net (although I know this year is different) along the lines of Snow, Beezer, Boucher, Hacket, Cechmanek, Hextall, and Burke.

1) When Sather finally put away the checkbook and started to actually build a team, he didn't do half bad considering where the Rangers were this time in 2004.

2) There have been plenty of guys who have been "good enough" and have won. In this era of the league, unless you're Martin Brodeur, you've either proved nothing, you're Miikka Kiprusoff or you're over the hill (Belfour and Hasek). Carolina won the Stanley Cup with their backup goaltender.