Thread: Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Most players who are pending UFAs are acquired at the deadline with the idea they are rentals and not definitely re-signed. There should be no reason why the team acquiring them should be upset that they re-signed with the Rangers. They got their rental for the stretch and playoffs. Offseason signings are not a gaurantee. I just have a feeling the NHL frowns upon this and/or most teams do not see those players in their future plans down the road anyway. To me it is a brilliant tactic for a team who won't contend but wants to bring that player back next year. It should be allowed. The other thing to consider on yhe players side is the time they will be away from their families until the offseason. That could play a huge factor in being willing to be a part of a move like that.
But, as I was saying before, I don't think its applicable in regards to the Rangers in this context. Both guys in question would be moved(especially in Cally's case)because the Rangers don't want to spend the dough.