View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Nielson81

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't get why everybody keeps saying, "If Saku or Ribs go down, we'll need Perreault" The only use of Yannick Perreault as of today is his faceoff ability, that's it! He can't replace Saku or Ribs on the first two lines if they were injured because, he can't pass, can't stickhandle and he's not creative....Zednik, Bulis, Dagenais and Ryder, all need creative centers for them to succeed, nothing against Perreault, i'm not saying he's not a good player, but he no longer fits THIS teams needs, were way better of calling up Plekanec or Higgins to center the one of the first two lines if Saku or Ribs go down or at worst putting Bulis back at center.

Perreault had a good run as a Hab but it's time to part ways, and with Begin back on Saturday, I think and I hope this is the end of Perreault
The way I look at Perrault and Ribs are similar players, both are slow and soft, the only difference between them is Ribs has great hands and vision while Perrault has a very accurate shot and is great on face offs.

If you watch them both play, they both will steer wide of the physical play, which is the reason why Perrault has never been an impact player and why Mike's potential is only as a 55-60 point man.

Unbiased Canadian