Old
01-24-2014, 04:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If I'm coach I noticed the defense is terrible and seek to improve it by playing a better player.

A big part of the reason they're losing games is an inability to get out of their own zone. Mez's massive amount of costly turnovers is a big factor in that. Berube says he believes in creating offense from defense. Mez is the opposite of that philosophy.
But again, during this last month his offense has been important to this team. I understand the concerns defensively, but you just don't bench a guy that is this hot.

Quote:
Edit: Letting Gus go because he's easily replaced...remind me, how many defensively decent PMDs are out there to be had for less than 2 mil? You think like the Flyers org...incorrectly.
Well, I'll go back to the fact that I have a different view of Gus than you, being that he has played less than a full season spread out over four years, I'm not read to say he is good or bad defensively or offensively. You have made up your mind, I have not. And I am not saying we should get rid of Gus at all. I want him re-signed just like you do. All I'm saying is that if he wasn't re-signed, it wouldn't be too difficult to replace him. Off hand, I don't know of any defenders off hand that fall into that category, but I'm sure some could be found.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote