View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
God, some of you are so frigging clueless...

Mac-T doesn't like Rita because Rita doesn't play the way Mac-T used to?

I'm sorry, but that is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Why?

Because Rita is exactly the kind of player Mac-T loves. He is physical, strong, very solid defensively, and can put the puck in the net. It isn't that Rita doesn't play Mac-T's style, it's that he doesn't do it every night (at the AHL level anyways).

Rita's game isn't his problem, and it isn't why he is not in the NHL. It's the fact that Rita only plays his game on 11 nights out of 20. Rita is exactly the kind of player Mac-T would use regularly every night, if Rita were able to bring it every night.

This is how you handle someone with consistency issues. They need to prove to you, and themselves that they can bring it every night. If he has a crappy practice, pressbox time. If he has 3 shifts and he is hurting the team, sit him. Conversly, if the guy is busting his butt going all out at practice, he plays. And if he plays well his first 3 shifts, you keep putting him out there. You reward when he is fulfilling what you need out of him, and you penalize him when he isn't doing the things you ask.
Your blatant blinded backing of MacT has you overlooking some issues. Clueless?

If you in any way shape or form say that Horcoff, Pisani and Smyth should be our second line powerplay then I am going to put you on ignore .

Consistency...13 games. Since 1999. You tell me when is he going to get the opportunity to show that consistency on the ice in the big leagues.

Better than Cleary, Pisani, Chimera, Green, and Swanson at camp last year. As good as most of the usual suspects at camp this year. But Rita doesn't get a shot. Can you honestly say that this team has been so good that trying Rita for 20-30 games would have hurt it?

Could you also say that this move and scratching a few guys in the middle of the slump 20 games ago might have us in a better position now?

Rita has been getting jacked in my opinion.(And it ain't just MacT I am looking at, K-Lowe should have some influence here too.) But if someone is a big MacT backer like you are dawgbone, they are going to try to defend his moves. In this case, I don't think it is warranted.