Thread: Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII
View Single Post
01-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Xanny family
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I just don't get the "same old Rangers" arguments about this, either. The Rangers really haven't been about signing their homegrown players. They've been about signing or trading for the flashy free agent (Nash, Gomez, Drury, Redden and on and on and on) instead of developing their own.

I don't think Callahan and Girardi are "generational talents" but I do think they are assets to this team. And they are. There's no reason to trade them away for draft picks instead of signing them to market value contracts.
But "market value" is a ludicrous price, with likely ridiculous term that this team can't afford to take on.

This team has the same problems it's had for the last 6 years. Can't score. Where are we getting the money to supplement these needs with So much money tied up in barely above average players?

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.