View Single Post
Old
01-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
Im not saying sign or trade im just curios what point per game player at this stage of the cap is only making 6 mill a yr ...... The reality is the caps still rising...as the cap rises so do salaries ... Also where are these replacements you speak of... like I said just curiious
We already have two really good RW's in Zuccarello and Nash, who are more potent offensively than Callahan. A third line RW isn't hard to find, see if a kid makes it out of camp, and sign a stop gap RW just in case.

I understand that as the cap rises, so do salaries. But that doesn't soften the blow of Callahan and Girardi's inevitably overpaid contracts. We already have too much money tied up in other players. We need wiggle room to fix the holes in this team (top 6 LW, offensive defensemen, #1 center). Can't have any of that with 30 mill of your cap being taken up by 5 players.

Also, John Tavares and James Neal are both on below 6 mill contracts and well above PPG. I know it's not the norm, but the norm is becoming David Clarkson gets 5.25 million. That's not acceptable, I don't want my team to be part of that.