View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 05:07 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
So your saying he won't benefit from learning from the players I mentioned? You're saying that he won't learn by following the example of Moreau or Staios who work hard every night, every shift. Sorry, I don't buy that. I 100% understand where you're coming from, but if he's not learning how to be consistent in the AHL, you see if he can learn it from NHLers he'll be going to war with. Again, no guarantees but for a 13th pick overall whom the Oilers have invested time and money in, I don't think a 20 game tryout is too much to ask.
I'm not saying he won't learn it... I just doubt it. Don't forget, it's not like he's on the Runners playing with people who are clueless. He's got guys like Wright and Allen who are as consistent as they come at the AHL level, plus some pretty good coaches in Ward and Beukaboom.

I'd love to be proven wrong... because I think Rita would make a valuable NHLer, which is why I hate when people say this is his last chance, or talk about him as a throw in for trades. Everyone thinks him not getting a chance is mismanagement, but I beleive him getting called up now is mismanagement.