View Single Post
Old
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn View Post
Prucha has been invisible all year. He seems to play well with chechs like Rucinsky but not with North Americans. If we want to get Prucha going then maybe we should aquire a Chech or a Slovak center. However, for the most part this season Prucha hasn't been scoring. This might be also because Prucha doesn't get first line power play time either. Not all youth for Older players is bad. A long long time ago Rangers made a trade Ulf Dalhen for Mike Gartner and it turned out well for both teams. Gartner althought old at that time really helped the Rangers. He scored a lot for them. I know people don't want old palyers but we need to make the playoffs and the biggest reason we won't is because right now we don't have the chemistry on this team. We been juggling liens all season. I think Federov would solidify the second line spot. Give us a second line threat with Shanahan. I am not the GM but because the players played together they should produce. They were great in Detroit. In fact it's when Federov left Detroit is when he just hasn't been the same and that's because he didn't have the players like in Detroit. Like Shanahan.
We need to make the playoffs so that we can get bounced in the first round? You really think that Fedorov, who has all of 30 points this season, is going to suddenly make us a team to be reckoned with? Let's try to hold on to our young talent rather than trading for overpriced vets on the downside of their careers.

And don't compare Fedorov to Gartner. Gartner was 30 years old and in the prime of his career when we acquired him. Fedorov is 37 and a shadow of his former self. If we were a piece or two away then it would be worth thinking about. But we're not.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote