View Single Post
Old
01-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Mr Positive

vCash: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Not trying to pick on you Mr Positive, but I see this posted alot and it kind of baffles me.

Name me 5 players that have looked good under Eakins. Getting players Eakins wants may result in us scrapping most of the roster. While for a lot of the players, it wouldn't be a bad thing, it may cause us to trade a young talented goal scorer who the coach pretty clearly dislikes.

Shouldn't a good coach be able to adapt to a roster and play to it's strengths?
Nah, that's not picking on me. It's a fair point.

But what is "playing well"? Under Krueger wingers had little to no accountability. His system was well documented as basically being that wingers could endlessly cherry-pick, and so of course Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and even Paajarvi would have very good years offensively. That doesn't mean that they were playing well. Their good years came at the expense of other players.

Eakins is at least attempting a whole-team approach. Like I said, I'm not giving Eakins a full endorsement, but I'm just choosing to take an optimistic view about him because I really don't believe his job is in jeopardy.

And just because it is the optimistic view doesn't mean that it is wrong. I do believe this team is playing a lot better now than at the beginning of the season, and I don't need to give the team the benefit of the doubt in order to do so.