View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 05:59 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I'm not "admiring" Dags but you have to admit that he's producing on the top 2 lines.
Producing is one thing, playing hard and making a contribution off of the score sheet is another.

Quote:
I think he has a more than 1 point by 2 games average so far and that's pretty good IMO.
Yanic Perreault scored 25 goals in his first full season. He's since hit the 20-goal mark four times. I'm not defending him, but he's an older Dagenais.

Quote:
I know he's not perfect but at least he's helping the team right now, and he's still younger than Perreault. Dagenais is just playing great with Ribs and he seems to know where to go to have great scoring chances.
Yep, they're playing great together and Dagenais is producing. However, there are younger, faster, smarter, gritter, stronger, and more promising wingeres who can also produce; and Mike Ribeiro is allowed to pass to them too.

Quote:
I know he seems lazy and he's not that physical but he's helping the team alot compared to Perreault that can only win faceoffs. Don't you think Perreault looks totally pathetic on the ice?
Perreault and Dagenais both shoot the puck alot. If the season was meaningless, we'd plant them on the top line and they'd score at will. Unfortunately, we'd lose every game because they don't show up anywhere else; you're right. In Perreault's case, at least his faceoff resulted in a goal last night. He's a sorry excuse for an NHLer in most facets of the game, and it's too bad we can't have him tunnel through the ice to the bench after each draw. Unfortunately, he's a problem. And so is Pierre Dagenais, because they're the same player in a different package.

Dagenais is like Happy Gilmore. They both had rockets for shots but couldn't skate. Unfortunately, Dags doesn't have the meanstreak.

Last edited by gohabsgo2010: 01-30-2004 at 06:05 PM.