View Single Post
Old
01-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I have been frustrated with Poile since about 2004-ish when it was becoming apparent why he hasn't had success in building elite teams (passiveness, star-player relations, lack of foresight, etc). However, I still would've put him in the top half of GMs.

BUT, the last two years have been absolutely horrid and he's been one of the worst GMs in the league. We went from a team on the cusp of elite to lottery territory. One of the only good things (Erat-Forseberg), he only did because Martin Erat made him do it.

Poile has to go, but I think Trotz will go first just because when a GMs job is on the line, GMs fire their coach.

I hope ownership has the balls to fire Poile. Netural on Trotz-- he's always had to work with lesser talent here. If ownership thinks Housely could be a great coach, this is a good time to try-- it's going to take a while to right this ship.
I agree with this. The only thing I'll add that we have to remember what Trotz did with the 2006-2007 and 2011-2012 teams as well. Save for a terrible Red Wings team in 2012, Trotz was badly outcoached. His system doesn't work over the course of a 7 game series.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote