Thread: Trade Weber?
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You guys have to know if Weber ASKS to be traded he's not just going to be OK with going to any team. Him and his agent will make known the hockey world which teams he wants to play for. Yes, we could still trade him to Florida in theory, but if Florida knows he doesn't want to play there, they aren't going to give up massive assets to acquire Weber.

Poile has GOT to get a pulse on Weber's intentions. If he feels Weber isn't going to be content here, we've got to move him before he asks for a trade, before our options are limited.

Poile has failed in getting a pulse of our star players thus far. If he screws up Weber (again) I will personally go kick Poile in the nuts.

IF Weber is lukewarm on Nashville, we should trade him. Weber for McKinnon (+).
I've made this argument with many people before. A star player has tremendous leverage, NTC or not. A perfect example would be Jeff Carter going to Columbus. I think most teams would avoid such a mess by checking with the player before completing the trade, and Carter did quickly did his ticket out of Columbus afterwards. If Weber were to be traded, I think the Flyers would be the best trading partner. Obviously Weber wouldn't mind going there, and Philly has the kind of players that Trotz and Poile like, such as Schenn, Courtier, Simmonds, etc.