View Single Post
Old
01-26-2014, 06:09 PM
EgoEakins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Eakins is trying something where every player bar Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle from last season has regressed. The whole-team approach has also yielded far more GA than we did with Krueger's system. So while Krueger let his wingers do what they want, his team overall was defensively better, offensively better and a better overall team. I mean, any metric you use, the majority of the team has regressed under Eakins. Points, GA, defensive responsibility, hell even throw in effort and winning puck battles. We've gotten worse across the board.

Feel free to take any view you'd prefer, but Eakins is the main problem in my opinion. Krueger may or may not have been the answer, but he wouldn't be the unmitigated disaster that is Eakins. Krueger also had to play 48 games against soley teams in the West. Eakins' record against western teams is abysmal. I'd much rather throw away a bad coach than scrap majority of a roster.

Regarding scrapping head coaches, I thought the 'coaching graveyard' thread in the main board had some interesting points. Mainly about which other teams have had some pretty consistent coaching carousels:

Ottawa too have fired a few coaches quickly in their time:

Bryan Murray 05-07 (164 games)
Paddock 07-08 (64 games)
Murray 08 (18 games)
Hartsburg 08-09 (48 games)
Clouston 09-11 (198 games)
MacLean 11-present (130 games)

Islanders too:

Shaw 06 (40 games)
Nolan 06-08 (163 games)
Gordon 08-10 (181 games)
Capuano 10-present (195 games)

So it's a lot more common than I expected.
I totally agree...Look how Winnipeg has done since promoting Paul Maurice to head coach. They beat the undefeated "on home ice", Anaheim Ducks...

The season is a write-off now,
The players are obviously not buying into his system, wait until the off season, before looking for a new head coach..