View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Raspewtin
Xanny family

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, but even Duchene had "just" 79 points in 57 games. He was a year younger than Grachev, but also had a year of junior hockey under his belt and grew up playing North American hockey.

The appeal in Grachev was the tool set: he was big, strong, could really skate and had a good shot. You'd see the highlight videos of him just blowing by kids, completely without effort. Or just muscling through some traffic in the slot and unleashing a nasty shot. It was a very attractive package. A lot like Chris Kreider--we could all see the tools, but did he have the tool box? Kreider did, Grachev did not. In the pros, he just looked lost on half of his shifts.
Oh I definitely agree that he had a very drool worthy tool set.

I forget a lot that that was Grachev's 1st year in North American Juniors. And it definitely turned out that he did not have the toolbox for the pros.

There were a lot of things he wouldn't get away with at the NHL level, however. That showed while he played. Like Hattrick said, his footspeed was just not good.

Reminds me a bit of MSC. He did a lot of things in the Dub that he'd never get away with in the NHL. Definitely have to pay close attention to those point totals.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.