View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Used the stick again last night.

In warmups, literally all my shots were going bar down for a stretch. It was absurd. Point and shoot, pipe and in, maybe 10 in a row.

I also found that if I grip the stick with my bottom hand lower, like 3/4 of the way down the stick or close to it, that you can really feel the dagger tapper area flex on slappers and they were much better. But then I had a bit of trouble catching the slappers too close to the toe and they were wobbling.

In game I again was able to get away quick slappers on the rush, which is a fun new thing for me. Good shots but I need to work on accuracy.

My wrist shots were very good as well, mostly going high and for the corners, but I faced the rare stand-up goalie and he was making some silly armpit saves.

I did have some trouble hanging on to the puck. It started in warmups, where I would cup the puck and take a tight turn on the forehand, the puck would roll off the blade, even though I'm cupping over on it. And that happened to me three times during the game, when we won the puck off the draw back to me at RW on the boards, then I grab the puck and curl to the middle to get the shot off, puck rolled off on me.

Still happy with the curve overall and the puck feel, still wish the stick was a little lighter, and getting used to the stiffer flex.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote