Thread: Trade Weber?
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
I don't get all the doom and gloom. Yeah, we need an injection of talent in the offense. But you build from the net out, and right now the back end is extremely talented. I seriously believe that this team is 1-2 seasons away from having the best defense in the league. Weber will still be in his prime. Jones, Josi, Ellis, Del Zotto ... that's a TON of young talent to develop. Rinne in goal behind them, with Mazanec and Hellberg developing in the minors. The back end looks good.

What the NEED is to focus on drafting forwards over the next couple of years. Pick up 1-2 genuine top-line forwards in the draft and this whole team changes. I think Forsberg will develop into that type of player. Add another guy to play with him on the top line, preferably a center, and suddenly this start to look like a dangerous team again as the defense gels.

We don't need a forward corps as deep and talented as, say, Pittsburgh. If the defense and goaltending come together like I think they will over the next couple of years there's no need for a Crosby or Stamkos sort of talent. But a couple of guys that will reliably score in the 70-80 point range would get this team turned around in a hurry.