View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
If they can't right the ship before the Olympic break (that's 6 games) then Homer needs to sack up and sell off the big pending UFAs (Mez, Kimmo and Downie) and some vets as well (Vinny, Streit, Grossmann and Hartnell) assuming players waive their clauses when applicable. It's painfully obvious this team isn't ready to compete but they can be in a few years if they play their cards right. My whole point is I don't want any panic trades of picks and/or young guys to make a playoff push this season. It really makes no sense.

The only reason I say don't sell off any which way the next six games play out is because anything can happen come playoff time plus the experience is good for Jake, Couts, Simmer and the Schenns cause these guys have very little in terms of PO experience.
If the Flyers continue to fall, I totally agree with this. We need to sell hard. Getting rid of Hartnell, Vinny, and Grossmann should be a priority. Streit might be worth keeping. Selling the UFA's should also be pretty easy. Call up Akeson, McGinn, and Alt to see how they do.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote