View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
MattGTI

vCash: 500
At 36, I am finally starting to achieve a few things I have always wanted to do.

This year I started playing in a league for the first time. I have never played competitive hockey in any way- just pond hockey, and occasionally playing with friends when they rented the rink out 15-20 years ago.

In a few short months, I have been voted one of the two alternate captains of my team. I am actually quite honored by this, we have a great group of guys on the team, its quite humbling that I was chosen.

I have scored one goal, and tallied a bunch of assists. Good enough for the sixth overall spot in scoring for the league.

We are in first place, and my main goal is to help the team win the first D-level championship in our league.

My long term goals are just to get better in every facet. My biggest regret is that I waited this long to start playing.

I want to learn what I am doing wrong, and what i can dramatically improve on, and focus on those areas. I would also like to keep the core of my current team together, as we are all around the same age, and its just a great group of guys to play with.

MattGTI is offline   Reply With Quote