View Single Post
Old
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
VisionQuest*

vCash: 500
2nd Line Center - Derek Armstrong?

Ok, before Im crucified for this, hear me out.
He's in the final year of his deal, he doesnt make much, and he's the kind of guy that would probably re-sign with a team that showed him some loyalty and had a spot for him.

GP G A PTS ATOI +/-
Derek Armstrong, C 49 8 25 33 14:41 10

He plays for the Kings, and while he's had Frolov on his wing a ton, Fro's been pretty streaky this season and Derek is clearly working hard for a contract for next season. On a horrible defensive team he's a +10 and has 33 in 49 with marginal talent (aside from Fro)

He's been listed as a player Lombardi is trying to move. Though the Kings are one of only a couple of teams in the position of seller, thus strengthening their bargaining position, I still dont think they'll get too much for Derek. his numbers are better than Conroy's were, but he doesnt carry that same level of experience and history of reasonable scoring prowess.

If the Rangers could just give up a low/middle draft pick and maybe a stop-gap type player along the lines of what the Kings got with Lundmark, they may still have room/assets to acquire a stay-at-home defenseman as well, then two major issues have been addressed. We have a second line center that will work hard and can distribute the puck along with defensive responsibility, and a d-man.

Unfortunately I gotta wonder if this is enough to get into the playoffs and make a dent...Im so sick of wasting brilliant performances by Henrik...

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote