View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 07:57 PM
SacredPetra

vCash: 500
I had a rough set of games this past weekend. My coaches have been playing me as a center the last two weeks and doing some positional drills like that, but they played me as a winger in games (except for the one face-off where I ended up as the center on a penalty kill, which we're done absolutely no work on), and they weren't at these games so I couldn't ask then for help during the games. I'm not offensively minded, I hate taking shots, and I am hopeless at carrying the puck so playing wing is hard for me at any time, but especially when I don't know where I'm supposed to be, or what I'm supposed to be doing if I get the puck, and have my teammates yelling at me when I do something wrong on top of all that.

Playing wing makes a lot more sense for me at drop-in where I'm not really getting the puck and I'm just focused on finding open ice somewhere close enough to block a defenders passing lane and making sure I'm not on the same side as the other two forwards. Granted, I tend to unintentionally get myself into drop-ins that have a lot of significantly more advanced players, but I rarely feel as completely lost in those situations as I did in my games. I'm going to talk to my skating coach (who used to help coach the team I'm on) tomorrow and see what he suggests, abd I've been reading a bunch of articles about positioning, but understanding positioning in theory isn't restarting over well to getting things done physically.

SacredPetra is offline   Reply With Quote