View Single Post
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Garbage Goal
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
The great hfboards pronger contract..
In what way does the 35+ rule change anything? That was an amazing contract and you all know it. It almost won us a cup, and were it not for a FREAK ACCIDENT (not relating to age) that contract would be worth it today.

No argument about bryz here, terrible signing. But he's not on the pay roll anymore. (Thank god)

Guys like Streit & Vinny aren't "mistakes" if they don't pan out. They are good bets, that every team in the league would've wanted to take. Even if those bets fail (too early to tell) they will be worth assets in 2 years.

Also, that money can't lace up and play for us. Why would we not commit it when we have the luxury of getting those sought after assets?
You failed to address like everything I said. I wasn't commenting on how good the Pronger contract was, I just said that they didn't even know what they were doing with it evidenced by the fact that they didn't even know it was a 35+ contract.

In what way are the Flyers and specifically Homer "the most savvy and cutting edge of all the teams, with respect to finding loop holes and pushing the rules"?