View Single Post
Old
01-27-2014, 10:18 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I said this at the time and I will say this again: 80 points, particularly with good linemates, isn't very much in juniors. This is especially so for players who are big and can just dominate skinny little boys to run up points, something they won't be able to do at any pro level, even the ECHL.

The difference between Kreider and Grachev is that Kreider is just better at everything. He's stronger, he's much faster, he has a significantly better shot. Reduce Kreider's speed and shot power by a little and what do you have? A minor leaguer.

Kreider also spent 3 years in college, while Grachev moved straight to the pros as a teenager. Not only that, but he expected and was expected by others to make the team right away. When he was sent down to the AHL, Grachev thought he was too good for it. Had he stayed in juniors and improved by playing against kids, he'd have been better off today. For a bigger kid like him, college might have been the best option, which is the route Kreider took.

But either way, Kreider was always a superior prospect to Grachev due to his size, speed and shot.
Completely disagree. You have a decent 3rd liner IMO. Not like his shot has been lighting the world on fire and his speed is ridiculous, reducing it by a little wouldn't make him slow. Also he'd still have good physicality and passing. I don't see why he couldn't be a good 3rd liner.