Thread: Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP4121 View Post
show me in the numbers how much the cap is gonna go up for the 2015-16 season. SHow me the numbers for what Staal decides to do, or what Brassard does next year. Show me the numbers for the level at which Miller, Fast, Lindberg, Kristo are playing atů

Your trying to goat me with something I can't give. BC I don't know the deals. Your so wrapped up in this thinking on these boards, that you can. I don't know what the guys this year will make, I don't know who plays themselves on or off this team next year. I don't know the salary cap.

Let me take this a different direction Viper. IS there any part of what I've said that you agree with? Or nothing at all?
I'm not goading you into anything. You are speaking in hypotheticals left and right. Make a firm stand and show us what you want to do moving forward. Is that not what you asked from those of us who feel the best course is to move the players?

Of course there are hesitations to move the players. I like Callahan and Girardi and would love them back at 5-5.5 million each. That way there would be money leftover moving forward to upgrade the team which I feel is necessary if they want to truly compete with the Pittsburgh's, Chicago's, Boston's of the league.

However, when looking at the facts of what this ff-season will bring as far as contracts go and what we saw last off-season and players re-signing during this off-season, I feel I can make a relatively accurate educated guess as to what they will command from Sather and the Open Market.