View Single Post
Old
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
If either Duclair or Buch becomes a top-6 LW, our left side is going to be set for a decade to come, with Kreider and Hagelin as the other two top-9 LWs. Someone like Hrivik or Yogan would close things out on the bottom line.

I really hope we swing for the fences with high-risk, high-return Right Wings in rounds 2, 3 and/or 4 this draft, assuming the scouts see something worth swinging for. Our 2014 draftees will be only 22 when Nash's contract runs out, and finding a RW who can play on the top-6 would mean a lot to the team.

I think the middle, with Step, Brass, Miller, Lindberg, MSC and Tamb is fairly strong, but the RW remains a weak spot. Thank God we didn't give up on MZA!
No - we need centers. We lack a true 1C, centers can always move to wing and I would argue that our RW depth is actually pretty good. In fact, I think it's the strongest of the three forward positions organization-wide.

Consider, here is our depth at each position (assumes Richards is bought out, Pouliot, Carcillo, Boyle and Moore sign UFA deals elsewhere, but Cally, MZA and Brassard all re-sign - which is what I consider to be the likeliest scenario, despite the fact that I am firmly in the "trade Callahan" camp):

RW:
Nash (top 6 level)
Zuccarello (top 6 level)
Callahan (top 6 level)
Dorsett (bottom 6 level)
Fast (top 6 level potential)
Kristo (top 6 level potential)

LW
Kreider (top 6 level)
Hagelin (middle 6 level)
Duclair (top 6 level potential)
Buchnevich (top 6 level potential)
Hrivik (bottom 6 level potential)
Yogan (bottom 6 level potential)

Center:
Stepan (top 6 level)
Brassard (middle 6 level)
Miller (middle 6 level potential)
Lindberg (middle 6 level potential)
Tambellini (top 6 level potential)
Nieves (middle 6 level potential)

That first group is a lot stronger than the other two. In fact, I would argue that it is the strongest of the three even if they move Callahan.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 01-28-2014 at 05:43 PM.