View Single Post
Old
02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
This is a kind of reply to buddahsmoka1 , but I adress it to everyone...If you're gonna keep Kovalev and Koivu separated, as much as I like latendresse, I'd rather have Higgins on the second line. Although the two of them can score (well Higgins is on a cold streak, but will come back stronger), Higgins is a lot faster and I think he could create more scoring chances on that line than Latendresse. So I would just switch them (Higgins to the 2nd line and Latendresse on the third), so that Higgins can regain his scoring touch while in the mean time, Latendresse could still have some quality ice time...

Thoughts?
The thing is, whoever plays with Bonk and Johnson (for whatever reason) seems to play well. If Higgins can play a couple games with them and re-gain some confidence, I think that would help as much as anything. That being said I'm going to contradict that right now and keep him on the top line:

I don't like Samsonov and Kovalev on the same line. Koivu doesn't drive the net that much, and the perimeter players will just hold the puck and never cycle to create room.
Samsonov needs to be the lead of a line: Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder
Ryder and Plekanec can both hit the net, and Ryder's always in the slot looking for a pass. Samsonov always centres the puck to the slot when noone's there. It's a match made in heaven.
Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev: Kovalev drives the line, but Koivu and Higgins can work the boards with him, cycle it to create room.

So:

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Streit-Lapierre-Perezhogin

I don't like Perezhogin on that 4th line, because he doesn't agitate well, so if Lats can keep up and keep hitting, swap Perezhogin and Latendresse.