Thread: Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2014, 06:57 PM
TheTakedown764

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Staal was never going to be priority though at the moment. They have plenty of time to figure out what they want to do. I think the Rangers will figure him out over the summer.
I dont see Staal going away personally. Everyone brings up the "he'll bolt for Carolina", but all that's going to get him is marketability. He will be much further away from a cup if that is his dream (and i would anticipate it is).

I can see him resiging here. I don't think MDZ would have been traded if Staal had plans to leave...

I'm really excited that Callahan might be traded. Fact is, he is replaceable. Girardi is absolutely not.

Now, I wonder about the other free agents that we have...

Zuccarello - #1 priority. Guy should be locked up for 5 years at minimum
Stralman - should be resigned. He won't be expensive, and there is no prospect to replace him with
Kreider - Absolutely must be resigned, locked in for 2-3 years at minimum
J. Moore - He's in AV's plans for the future, so he'll be locked up on a 2 year bridge deal
Brassard - I'd evaluate at the end of the season. Maybe keep him on a 2 year bridge deal
D. Moore - Should be, and will be resigned.
Brian Boyle - Should be, and will be resigned.
Carcillo - Send back to the minors so we don't keep our 7th round pick, then send him packing at the end of the season
Pouliot - I'd evaluate at the end of the season, worth maybe another 1 year deal

Just my guesstimations

Last edited by TheTakedown764: 01-28-2014 at 07:03 PM.