View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 04:27 AM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I disagree. Stepan is as good if not better. People here are *****ing about Stastny but are willing to trade for a 32 year old? I don't know, I guess I'm not the biggest fan of his. He's more of a checking center than one you count on for offense. I don't think he puts up the 19 goals he has now on a Vigneault run team.
We don't need a center that runs our offense tho, we need a defensemen that does. This is a defense first team, and Vermette is a better two-way center than Stepan. I was clamoring for this team to make a play for Bergeron in 2008, Vermette's a Bergeron-lite and a Vermette-Stepan 1-2 would be very, very hard to play against. I do feel like we'd need to run 3 top 6 centers and a top 3 center though, so Brassard and Richards definitely don't become redundant pieces. Teams that carry too many centers win games. I do NOT want to lose a center this offseason. Take advantage of having centers on your wings and your entire team's FO% improves.

Either way our main target should be a PMD. Callahan + Stralman + Pick/Skjei could bring us back a franchise changing player. Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Yandle, maybe Green or Wisniewski if the price is right. These players are all guys I'd go after and pay whatever the price is. Callahan+Stralman+1st? They want Miller? Don't really care. It'd revolutionize this team and AV absolutely knows how to use good offensive defenseman.

Last edited by t3hg00se: 01-29-2014 at 04:39 AM.