View Single Post
Old
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Well I remain happy that we don't have Chara on the books...I think he's way overpaid and would be just another Kasparaitis/Ozolinsh over the longer term for the Rangers...i.e. an underperforming player with a big immovable salary.

As for Savard, it's interesting to note that he's played something like 550 NHL games and he's yet to play in a single NHL playoff game.
Could not agree with you more on Chara. Playoffs the guy's a choke artist. As Rangerboy is pointing out, Ottawa hasn't missed him. Kasper has just broken down. He was effective last year. His contract will be disposed of during the off season, if not, he will be waived again and sent to Hartford so the cap hit will be zero. Ozo was a gamble, everyone knew it at the time of the trade. You win some, you lose some.

Look on the bright side, Ozo's continual injury may actually help us in limiting our cap space for a deadline trade. We can't trade an injured player, so maybe, just maybe, we keep our young assets instead of the dreaded quick fix.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote