View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
jdd4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOiklRising View Post
Was thinking of going today, but then someone mentioned it's Hockey Hookey or whatever and passed. I'm already not a fan of them primarily marketing to kids (it just creates a crappy game atmosphere).
They haven't really been doing the marketing to primarily kids thing (with a few exceptions such as yesterday) in a few years. Gone are the days of singing slugs and other annoying crap on the jumbotron. It's more marketed now more towards people who want to watch a winning team and families of all ages.

That being said... good choice not going yesterday. There was somewhere in the neighbourhood of 11k people there with no upper concourse concessions open, about half of the lower concourse concessions open, and one concession open downstairs in the lounge area - and the game was over lunch time. I had to wait in line from the 10 minute mark to the end of the second period to get a slice of pizza. I will be glad when Northlands and DMC doesn't run the food and beverage portion in the new barn.