View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Its not totally impossible that the Blues find a player in there after all. I'm not totally up to speed on the Blues depth chart, but surely they wouldn't be giving MPS thirty two games for no reason. The real tell will be whether he sees the ice in the playoffs.

MPS has a minus six on a team where most forwards are double digit plus. And he only has forty shots on goal (safe to assume half of those are his patented hopeful wrister from the wall). Looking at his stats alone, there's no reason for a good club like the Blues to keep him on the big team. Yet he played nine minutes tonight and managed an assist. Somebody on the Blues must see something in this player.

Oilers win the trade for sure - imagine what we could get for Perron if we traded him tomorrow. But I'm not nearly as confident in saying that MPS will be back in Europe in two years as I was when he was Oiler property.
For the record the assist(on empty net goal) was an aimless clear under pressure from his own zone just banging it off the boards. Not a bad play and credit for clearing the zone. Laperiere outbattled defenders to get to the loose puck to ice the game. Paajarvi conversely would never have come up with that puck.

Also, if anybody wants to cite Paajarvi scoring a goal 5 games ago it came from the back of the net where an intended pass inadvertently went in off the goalies skate.

his other pt in last 15 games was also from back of net when his pass attempt was cleared by the goalies paddle and deflected right onto a shooter in the slot who finisned it.

I started looking and its almost comical how ineffectual Paajarvi is. Theres virtually not a stitch of offense beyond what looks to be almost entirely accidental. Potter looks to have more intent scoring goals...

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote