View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I wouldn't mind a 3rd liner coming back like Foligno. Someone who can play a rough and tumble game with some upside would be nice. But There would need to be more.

I still like the idea of trying to snag a player like Connolly + from TB more though. Someone with a higher upside that has the size and speed to do well in todays NHL.

They need to add picks though this year. This may be one of the only times in the coming years where the Rangers can conceivably add some high end picks by moving players out. They haven't done this in a long time.
I'd probably warm up to the idea of getting Folgino so I shouldn't have been so dismissive at first glance. He's still young so he has upside, and does have a unique skill set.

I agree with you though, I'd rather swing for the fences a bit regarding who they might be able to get, and a guy like Connolly would fit that perfectly.

Curious if they'd consider D in a trade too. Kulikov has been MDZ-lite to this point, but the upside is there, as well as FLA's owner's desire to make a splash.