Thread: Brad's Buy-out
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
DekeR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
People keep saying that being left without a 1st line center is the main reason why Richards shouldn't be bought out.

Honestly, even with him I think this team still needs a true 1st line center, so where's the loss?

He hasn't been a terrible player for this team (besides stretches last year), but he hasn't lived up to expectations either. Why hold on to an aging player eating a lot of cap hoping that situation somehow fixes itself?
I can understand the thoughts that an aging player, like Richards represents to the long term health of this team but I am not saying that he is a 1st line player either. I just don't see the NYRs being able to acquire a 1st line center and if that is the case then you need to proceed with the next available option and that is trying to secure scoring wingers. Granted every team is in that market but you can always find something, especially when you are at or near the bottom third of the league in scoring. I look at Richards as doing a very good job considering his point totals and this teams inability to score on a consistent basis and at times any basis. I just don't see a Stast being any better and come PO time he is even worse. With the increase in cap slated for at least the next few years I don't see the contract being a hinderance. But I get your point also.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote