View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 04:37 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Well Sather did already use an amnesty buyout on Redden, so it's no fantasy to think he could do it again. No idea what you mean by that.

And Richards does not have trade value now. The Gomez comparison doesn't work - Gomez was 30 at the time of the trade, Richards will be 34 in May.
Redden spent 2+ years in Hartford. Richards, numbers wise is still a 1st line center. Borderline but 1st line. Some GM out there still might be convinced "That Brad Richards could be the difference between an early exit and a Stanley Cup" Maybe the Flames hire Neuiwendyk and he remembers fondly how Brad Richards played for the stars and trades for him. UNLIKELY, however...

agree to disagree with me - I think it's more likely that Brad Richards, a borderline 1st line center, 34 years of age with an unfavorable contract who is still showing that he can play this season, top 50 in power play points, would be traded before he is ever bought out by Sather. We all thought Gomez was done at 30 so not sure age is a big factor. He lost his famous end-to-end speed. 129th in power play points. He did very little for our team and his cap was way worse in the NHL environment back then (like ~60% of todays cap?). I wouldn't expect much back but I wouldn't say he has NO value or is absolutely untradeable like Gomez was (which we were proven wrong about).

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote