Old
01-29-2014, 06:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Yea I just went through the first several pages and the Flyers fans saying bad trade double the Flyers fans saying good trade.

Which makes sense, otherwise you wouldn't have said
I was pointing out the outrage that some fans had in their posts. Some fans. Not all fans. Not the majority of fans. Most people were either in favor of the deal or ok with the deal. People that didn't like it were split between people who thought the deal was ok but a prospect or pick probably should have come our way and those who were outraged (and are outraged at every move). But ok, I guess I'll just agree with you. I was in the minority and most people said from the beginning that this team needed offense not defense etc etc.

Quote:
Also we can debate how high Schenn's potential was/is. He had no offensive pedigree, and was a below average skater and puck handler. That type of player doesn't become a top pairing defenseman. The reason we're big on Morin is because even though his offense is limited he can still skate and move the puck. Things Schenn was never known to be able to do.
But again, he was acquired to be a defensive d-man, something the team needed. Wait nevermind, you said they didn't need that so I guess I'm wrong.

Quote:
And before you say he was 22, those things just don't appear at the NHL level, they're apparent throughout a players development. Maybe those skills are raw, but they're still there. Schenn's are non existent.
Non-existent, eh? Pretty weird for a top five pick with 400+ NHL games.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote