Thread: Tyutin
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
don't worry. you're not saying anything out there. there are a couple of ways to analyze a player. you could look at a guy and compare him to another strictly in terms of distinct skills. or you could compare their impacts in all zones. So I'd agree with you. Hossa impacts the play in the offensive zone like a Jagr and the way he gets to the offensive zone is similar. Afinogenov is a guy that creates mayhem blueline to blueline off his skating and throws defensemen into a panic, frenzy just like Bure.
thanks for going a little more in depth on it. doubt he will acknowledge any of your points however since he's already proven he can't be wrong

also i will add to counter his statement.. all four aren't on similar offensive levels, hossa certainly isn't.. and you could make the comparison on style of play between afinogenov and bure back when he was underacheiving.. it's also irrelevant that bure was more of a pure goal scorer and afinogenov is more of a playmaker (to which i disagree with)

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote