View Single Post
01-29-2014, 09:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
I like our team this year better than this team. I get we need to build for the future, but we shouldn't totally cripple our team.

I'd much rather get a very good prospect/young player that's ready to contribute in some capacity compared to a good prospect that's a few years away and a 1st.

We can't afford to lose Richards, Brassard, Girardi, and Callahan and get no players that are ready to step in in return. That's three of our top 6, and our #1 RD.

Lets assume that Stastny and Richards are equal offensively today. What Stastny brings to the table in other facets of the game make him a better fit for the style and system that AV is employing.

Callahan is not going to be getting prime PP duties and paying him 5+ million to be on the 3rd line is complete mis-management of cap space

Brassard, who I like, is also going to be making close to 4 million to be a 3rd line center.

the path to competing in the NHL for a cup has been set. Big, strong, fast and talented teams win more games.

We need to get bigger, stronger, faster and if in doing so, we take a slight step back offensively, that's OK because because it's not always the most talented guys that win games.

The line up that I listed is better suited to play AV's style and better suited to compete with the bigger more physical teams in the East AND West.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote