View Single Post
Old
01-29-2014, 10:44 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
I think next year realistically, many of these guys will be back.

If we decide to finally move Wilson to center in anticipation of moving one of the vet centers, I think a good chunk of our forwards will be the same.

Top six centers will probably be Wilson (15) and Fisher (15)
Bottom six centers Gaustad(8) and I hope Legwand (15), but could be Cullen. I don't think they both get dealt. We need insurance on Fisher retireing after next year so keeping Legwand as insurance seems like it should happen.

Top six wings-Smith (25), Forsberg(15), Hornquist (25) and ??? (20)Could be Stalberg. Could be a trade target. Could be a FA

Bottom line is we need 120 or so goals out of the top six. It can be Forsberg scores a few more and 27 a few less. I think those are reasonable expectations for the top six on this team.

So with our centers potting 22 it leaves 48 for the other 4 forwards.
Can Spaling score 15 next year? I think it is reasonable. He is doing it now, so I think he stays. I think Nystrom is good for another 10-12. Same for Bourque Leaves a couple on the board for Clune/Watson/Sissons/Beck

I think our D can net 55
If the goal is 246 (3 goals a game) we need 71 out of the bottom six.

That is just next year. The year after that, we should be in prime contention. All these young guys we have banged our head against the wall watching them struggle, do stupid things and grow should be entering their primes, playing well for the next contract.

Of course, way to torpedo it all again is pekka going down or weber going down. This looks like the beginning of a very deep team. We just have to hope Smith, Wilson, Forsberg and this years high pick (maybe) are true top 6 and hopefully top 3 talents.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote