View Single Post
Old
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
gaglinefan

vCash: 500
When Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I agree broadway.....although when Weekes gets hot on occasion, and he IS streaky, he can be pretty amazing in net, and he's long overdue for a run like that. In fact, I don't remember him having a hot streak as a Ranger. Whether thats the rotation they use or whatever I have no clue. But he had some pretty incredible stretches of brilliance prior to joining the Rangers in net! Certainly he's better than Dunham was in a Ranger uniform.
Plays he really needs the forwards to backcheck and defensemen to play position; his rebounds go directly out in front. As I remember Mike Dunham, it was so long ago, he played unconscious good his first half season on a pretty bad team (like 5 shutouts) then just literally unconscious.
K Weeks is a great team guy, a goalie to use in a bind, hasn't played so well with us to rely on. Someone reminded me this week that when the Canes made it to the finals Weeks played due to injury. Good guy, softie giving. So many home games this year that we started down a goal or tied right away its hard to take. Weeks was not all of that. The road isn't a bad place to start him. Lundy has to be rested to make the end of season run. Go Blue!!!

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote