View Single Post
Old
01-30-2014, 01:43 AM
tinkezione
Butcher's Dog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
When he was with Chicago, he was an odd man out because of an extremely talented roster. Now he's an under-performing bottom liner? Did he become a different player overnight? No. In Chicago he was able to play in a system that highlights what he brings to the table, he just had too many guys in front of him. He doesn't fit here because Trotz is scared to death of not sacrificing offensive potential in exchange for necessary two-way hockey, no matter the player.
I might be totally out in the woods, then, but I'd see one possible conclusion could be that in Chicago it was partly that his confidence got slowly destroyed by being trapped behind too many guys ahead, and partly that he seemed to get quite frustrated at the end (the incident in playoffs, for example) and in Nashville with the current Trotz system, he has a fair share of difficulties in rebuilding his confidence because he cannot rely on his strengths?

Thanks for the discussion that opened up from my simple question: it's just too bad to see a talented guy like him having a season like this. Frankly, I was expecting much more of him right off the bat.

tinkezione is offline   Reply With Quote