vCash: 500
I think the back end is set.

Josi-Weber
Del Zotto-Jones
Eckholm/Bartley-Ellis
Bartley/Eckholm

Rinne
Hutton/Mazanec/Dubnyk

So if we just concentrate on the forwards, we only have two pending free agents if I remember correctly, Legwand and Spaling. Moving Wilson to center recently makes me think they're trying him out as a potential Legwand replacement. Just for the sake of argument, let's assume Legwand is traded by the deadline and Spaling is re-signed. Further, let's assume that Forsberg spends the rest of this season marinating in the minors and is deemed ready for next season. So I think the forward lineup looks something like this next year (I'm not paying much attention to which side wingers play on, so I could be way off with all this):

Smith-Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Wilson-Stalberg
Spaling-Cullen-Bourque
Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom

That leaves one or two places for additional forwards to be added to the team. I believe Beck is next in line from the minors, no? So maybe something like this:

Smith-Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Wilson-Beck
Bourque-Cullen-Stalberg
Spaling-Gaustad-Nystrom
Clune

There's some potential there, but it still leaves an open spot. A top-end winger or center would really make the team more dangerous. Still, that's some decent scoring depth IF Forsberg and Beck are both ready. That second line has the potential to be dangerous. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a high-end center prospect coming along behind them, or a top-3 free agent pickup.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote