View Single Post
Old
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Are there any statistics regarding "quality chances"? I mean having high puck possession is great and all but if you aren't getting the puck into a position to score whats the point? The shooting % is down because of where most of the shots come from imo.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but there's issues that go beyond simple corsi and shooting % totals imo.
I agree with a lot of what everyone above has said really. The Kings still have insane possession number and advanced stats don't really account for the difference between systems. I'm sure there will be a piggyback stat at one point or another that looks at the quality of scoring chances in relation to corsi and such as well and that the Kings would hurt a bit from that, but it's not unrealistic to suggest that they will move back towards the middle.

Hell, even moving back towards the LOW end rather than the middle would be incredible. the Kings are still shooting 3% over the last stretch. Do you really think opposing goalies are going to keep up a 97% sv percentage all season? If the Kings get even back to the lowest shooting percentage in league history (which might be a fair comparable depending on how you feel about their scoring chances ), they DOUBLE that to 6.5%. So yeah, this is the calm before the storm.