View Single Post
Old
02-03-2007, 07:10 PM
marvelousmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I hated him on defense mainly cause he didn't have the size to battle down low, however as a bottom lines winger, he is very good.
Yup, me too. I used to dislike him on defense last season. As a full-time defenceman, he was not very good. But now, as a 4th liner/7th Defenceman, I love him.

I think a big part of the reason why he is playing so well right now is because he feels no pressure. Since the expectations on him aren't as high, he is not afraid of making mistakes anymore, which allows him to do what he does best. On the PP, he improved a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habusemoi
a lot of people say he's 4th line material... but I see him graduating on the third soon enough, or at least next year.
His versality is what serves him and us best, please do not change his role. People tend to underrate the importance of his role right now on our team. He is not your typical 4th line winger. He's also playing PP on the point and is effective killing penalties as a forward. He can also fill the hole of one of our defencemen if someone gets injured or receives a game misconduct (like Souray vs Pittsburgh).. Move him to the 3rd line, and you get a marginal 3rd line player + the voids above to fill.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote