Thread: Brad's Buy-out
View Single Post
01-30-2014, 07:20 PM
vCash: 500
I REALLY wish the PA would work with the league to allow a reconstruction of contracts with a player per mutual consent of both parties.... Of course you'd have to add stipulations (could not have been traded since date of new CBA, must remain on team originally signing you, etc), but my god it would have eliminated some of the ridiculous buyouts because of bad contract structuring.

As far as I know, they closed the loophole where you can be bought out, then signed by another team, and then immediately traded for. I guess you'd have to play through one contract, or play for more than one team, or perhaps X required games on new team.

Anyway, I digress...

I like Brad, I really do. I really don't want him going away. Total Professional in the locker room, example on the ice, solid all around play. Nowhere near elite, but still great. Still think alot of this falls on AV's decision. if AV sees he is an integral part of the team, and Sather is willing to sacrifice cap penalties later for contention now, then he sticks.

If AV is not involved, it's up to Sather, and he'll probably be out the door.

TheTakedown764 is offline   Reply With Quote