Thread: News Article: Eklund's Take on Callahan
View Single Post
01-30-2014, 09:51 PM
NYR Stats Geek
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Just me, but I think right now we're a lot closer than people think. And Cally could absolutely play a big role.

I realize that a fan does nothing better than over or under estimate his teams chances, but I think my reasoning is sound.

We have maybe the best goal tender in the world. We have a very solid D core. The first two items give us a chance to play with anyone. Especially if Hank gets red hot.

Our forwards may not be the most talented, but are better than they have been all year. We have a team finding their identity and four lines that look to be clicking. I think the Rangers are in much better shape and could be poised to do some real damage.
The Rangers aren't THAT far, but the pieces they are missing are very significant and hard to fill.

They need a dynamic #1 center, an offensive defenseman that can rush the puck, and a top 6 LW, preferably with size.

"If you can't skate well and/or can't make a clean first pass, you aren't a defensive defenseman. You are a bad defenseman." - Travis Yost
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote