View Single Post
Old
01-30-2014, 11:32 PM
predshabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
What has Weber ever done to you? Why do you have such a obsession with shipping him out? Also unless Trotz in traded to Edmonton too, getting young kids that do not play defense is a recipe for disaster. FF is wasting away in an ads uni because Trotz won't use him properly.
It has nothing to do with Weber.
I do not have an obsession with trading him unless it vastly improves our team on the offensive side.
The deal I have mentioned gives us Taylor Hall who is currently 11th in the NHL in Points and Edmonton's 2014 1st which could land us that Potential #1 Center(Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennett, or Leon Draisaitl) and Marincin who is 6-5 and only 21 year old LHD.

I believe it will do Forsberg some good to be in Admirals uniform for now. Just like next year Aberg will probably need a year or two in the minors once he gets here. These type players could be what we are waiting for here in Smashivlle but until we get a #1 Center it will not matter.

We continue to be just good enough to not get those elite draft picks. Last year was our chance and look how luck or the hockey gods or whatever you want to call it treated us we got another stud defenseman in Jones. Now people are calling for us to spend big money on players who may make us a little better but still not fix the long term problem. Yes a Vanek-Statsny-Hornqvist line makes me excited just like everyone else. We need that #1 Center that we are going to have to draft. This year has three that I have mentioned above that will go in the top five. We are going to have to decide to either rebuild this hot mess or to live with mediocre hockey that will contine to land you picks in the 8-16 range.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote